Thanks for joining the Open Beta Test for My Hero Ultra Rumble!
This Open Beta Test is available for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 and will be available from May 26 4AM CEST to June 2 8AM CEST.
In this team-based, 24-player battle royale game, you’ll get to play as some of your favorite heroes and villains in a team of 3.
The goal of the game is to use tactics, Quirks synergy, and communication to defeat the other teams and be the last one standing!
Download the beta now!
*The images are in development. Screen information in some screenshots may differ from the latest OBT.
NEW FEATURES IN THE OPEN BETA
- Tenya Iida (Rapid) – He’ll come flying in with his Recipro Turbo!
- Denki Kaminari (Strike) – Electrify the competition and leave them stunned!
- Itsuka Kendo (Assault) – Hand your team the victory with her ability to shield and carry teammates!
PLUS ULTRA SYSTEM
Turn the tide of the fight with Plus Ultra / Plus Chaos!
The Plus Ultra gauge builds up when players take damage or over time, and once it has reached 100%, players can enter the Plus Ultra mode at any time and under any circumstances!
Activating Plus Ultra Mode:
- Restores all Guard Points
- Resets Quirk Skills cooldowns
- Knocks back all nearby enemies
- Sets all Quirk Skill levels to Plus Ultra – even higher than the Level 9 MAX!
Use this temporarily strengthened state to take out weakened enemies and take back the lead! If your whole team enters at the same time, you may just be unstoppable – but it’s risky!
Back from the closed beta, this time each character’s Finishing Attack has its own unique effect. It now takes longer to attack, but also recovers all Guard Points if done successfully.
Since recovery items in the map are limited, Finishing Attacks are a great way to conserve your limited resources!
It’s now possible to revive teammates who have been completely knocked out of battle! You’ll need two item types to bring them back:
- Badge – dropped when an ally has been KO’d
- (x3) Revive Cards – found in item boxes and on the field
Once these items are in hand, you’ll be left vulnerable as you revive, so be sure to strategize the right time to do it! If you’re unlucky enough to have lost both teammates, you also revive both at the same time if you have enough Badges!
Each character gets one revive opportunity in a game, but now you can really turn things around.
OTHER NEW FEATURES
Create or join an Agency with other players to rack up earnings! As you and other players contribute to your agency, you’ll earn Gold, EXP, and more.
The longer you stay with an Agency, the higher the rewards!
You can also use the bulletin board to communicate with other members.
- PRESENT MIC PRESENTS THE PLAY-BY-PLAY
With tensions higher than the U.A. Sports Festival, Present Mic is here to keep players keyed in on all the action! What praise might he have based on the winners?
- MY BANNER
Create custom messages for other players by combining backgrounds, effects, and text.
Use this feature to:
- Find players of similar rank
- Recruit for your Agency
- And more!
You can also use Gold to prioritize your banner and really get the word out.
Every character has their own unique set of abilities, or Quirks, as well as a Role type. There are 5 Role types in the game. Roles provide a unique boost to the whole team!
- Strike – Increases the team’s Attack Power.
- Assault – Increases the team’s Defense.
- Rapid – Increases the team’s Speed (movement).
- Technical – Increases the team’s Reload Speed (ability cooldown).
- Support – Increases effects of Recovery Items for the team.
TIP! Having your teammates play as different Roles means a more well-balanced team, but if more than one player has the same role, its effects are amplified!
Once your team is set, you’ll select a spawn point on the map. Familiarize yourself with the different zones to figure out which area works best for you.
HP AND GP GAUGES
Each character has a GP (Guard Point) Gauge and an HP Gauge.
You’ll start a match with few GP, so the first order of business in the game should be to fill it up! Why?
Without GP to shield you, any hits you take will get your HP closer to 0.
Once your HP reaches 0, you’ll go down and need to crawl around for a teammate to help you back up.
Use the Marker feature to communicate with your team! You can indicate the locations of enemies, items, and more. Constant communication is key to ensuring your team is working together.
Quirk Skill Cards – Each Quirk Skill Card increases the level of a specific character’s Quirk Skill (α, ß or γ). Leveling these up can increase how often you can use the Quirk Skill or boost its impact.
TIP! Even if you find a Quirk Skill Card for a character different from your own, you can assign it as a consumable Ability. Use these as temporary buffs to your Defense, Attack, and more.
Deku’s Reload Speed gets a temporary boost when he used a Technical character’s Quirk Skill Card
- Level Up Cards – Unlike Quirk Skill Cards, Level Up Cards can upgrade whichever Quirk Skill you choose! Consider these the wild cards of Quirk leveling.
Just be sure to open your Item Bag and use it to level up your desired Quirk Skill.
- HP Recovery Drinks/Kits – Recover HP
These come in Small, Large, and Team Kit sizes. Consuming the Team Kit size while allies are nearby creates an area of effect for restoring your team’s HP.
- GP Recovery Drinks/Kits – Recover Guard Points
These come in Small, Large, and Team Kit sizes. Consuming the Team Kit size while allies are nearby creates an area of effect to restore your team’s Guard Points.
- Revive Cards – Collect 3 to bring one ally back to life. Each ally can only be revived once.
- Badges – Dropped by an ally once they’ve been completely eliminated. Use this with the Revive Cards to revive them!
As you move throughout the arena, you’ll find different types of items through Item Boxes, citizens, and KO’d characters.
- Item Boxes – Scattered throughout the arena. Sometimes larger ones will appear with more goodies, but be ready to fight for what’s inside…
- Civilian Evacuees – Depending on if you’re a Hero or a Villain, you can either save citizens and be rewarded with items, or rob them and take what’s yours.
Obtaining items this way takes some time and leaves you vulnerable, so make sure the coast is clear!
- KOs – Once a player is KO’d, they will drop all their loot
TIP! A well-stocked team has better survival chances. Be sure to communicate item locations to your teammates by placing a Marker for them!
All Might helps Tomura get a GP Recovery Item so he can increase his GP Gauge.
In addition to Item Boxes and Citizens, each character can interact with structures and the environment.
All characters can scale walls. Use this in tandem with your character’s movement abilities to get to higher ground quickly.
You can also destroy certain structures with ranged or melee attacks. Take down the enemy’s hiding spot!
Certain characters can also burn down trees. Use the fire to lure enemies into a fight!
With all the different environmental zones in the arena, who knows what other things you can do…? Just be sure to stay within the ever-shrinking Safe Zone!
Ideally, your team will have been able to collect recovery items, build up your GP Gauges, and level up their Quirk Skills enough before your first battle encounter.
All characters have 3 types of attacks.
- Projectile Quirks (α) – Hold L2 to aim and fire with R2. Leveling this up gives you more ammo, but you’ll need a moment for it to reload.
- Melee Attacks – Use this in close range fights and to chip away at the enemy’s health. See if you can combo it with jumps!
- Quirk Skills – These vary from character to character. How would you combine Ochaco’s float abilities with Todoroki’s ice walls and Deku’s close quarters prowess?
- With 15 characters to play in the Open Beta, there are a ton of ways to synergize your team’s Quirks to make it to the end! Experiment with each character to find what playstyle and character combo works for you!
TIP! Use the environments to get the advantage on enemies. You can pick at them with projectiles under cover from a higher place, or crouch in tall grasses to ambush them!
DOWN / KO
It happens to the best of us. Enemies can take your health down to 0 or you may get stuck outside the Safe Zone, but fret not! You may be down, but you’re not out (yet).
Once your HP reaches 0, the screen will turn red and a countdown will start.
This is when teammates will need to come to your rescue! Some characters, like Deku or Tsuyu have abilities to grab you and pull you to safety.
If your teammates can’t get to you in time, you’ll be KO’d and can only Spectate the game. However, if a teammate has enough Revive Cards and picks up the Badge you dropped when KO’d, they’ll be able to revive you once!
TIP! When the fight’s getting tough, escape with your mobility skills! You can also crouch in the tall grass to use recovery items out of sight.
Try these maneuvers before the situation gets too dire.
And there you have it! If you keep an eye out on your HP/GP, communicate with your teammates, and synergize your team’s Quirks, Roles, and the environment, you may just be crowned…CHAMPION!
Enjoy the Open Beta, and keep an eye out for updates on the game at our Twitter.
MY HERO ULTRA RUMBLE will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.