DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS releases on October 14, 2022
Closed Network Test will happen on August 6 and 7, register now for a chance to be selected
Leading video game developer and publisher Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. announced today that DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS will release on October 14, 2022. The game will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC, and will be compatible with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Physical pre-orders on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC are now available with select retailers. Digital pre-orders will be available at a later date.
DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS will be available in three different editions:
- The standard edition will be available only in Digital and will contain the game. Pre-orders for this edition will unlock the “Android 18 Transphere” with the “Wall Kick” skill and the “Scouter (Blue)” accessory.
- The Special Edition is available both in retail and digital and will contain the full game as well as the Special Edition Pack with a Customizable costume, the “Two-Handed Good” victory pose and the “Dragon (Yellow)” vehicle skin. Pre-orders for this edition will also unlock the “Android 18 Transphere” and “Scouter (Blue)” accessory.
- The Limited Edition will be exclusive to the Bandai Namco Store. In addition to the content from the Special Edition, the Limited Edition will have a Steelbook, 3 Raider stickers and the Cell Shell Figure, as well as the “Potara (Green)” in-game accessory, which is a timed exclusive Bandai Namco Store bonus.
Taking place in the DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 universe, DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS will pit a team of seven Survivors trying to escape one Raider. The Raider, one of the major antagonists from the franchise, will have to use their overwhelming power and increasingly powerful evolutions to hunt and defeat the Survivors.
Survivors are regular civilians that have been caught in a “Temporal Seam”, trapping them in a place where space and time are in disarray. The main objective of Survivors is to escape the Temporal Seam using various gadgets, the most valuable of which are Transpheres, that contain the souls of Super warriors and grant special abilities and powers when used.
In this dangerous environment that Survivors share with the Raider, the hope is to use the Super Time Machine to evade the Temporal Seam before their enemy becomes unstoppable.
A Closed Network Test will be held on all platforms on August 6 and 7. Players can register here to try and get access to the Closed Network Test. During this CNT, Frieza, the newly announced Raider, and Cell will be available to play. Avatar, Oolong Survivor Skin and Bulma Survivor Skin will also be available to play as Survivors.
The CNT will be playable at the following times:
- Saturday, August 6 – 4:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. CEST
- Saturday, August 6 – 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CEST
- Saturday, August 6 – 8:00 p.m. – 0:00 a.m. CEST
- Sunday, August 7 – 4:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. CEST
An Open Beta Test will be organized at a later date with more details to be announced soon.